Welcome to the Digital Ethnography group !
This space has been created to share, collect and discuss resources related to digital ethnography and digital anthropology.
Please create an account to access and participate, to share your ideas and remarks about what is posted here and suggest other resources.
Here's a little explanation to guide you through:
- First, you need an account. Click on the “register” button on the upper right corner of the window, choose a username and an email. Then, click on “Create a new account” on the bottom of the page. We will have to check you in. After that, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to set up your password. (It might be sent to you spam inbox.)
Once you're logged in, you are a member of the group. Here's how groups work :
- Click on "artifacts" to have access to every document that are posted. They're organized chronogically: the latest uploaded on top.
- If you're looking for a specific document, use the search engine. You can look for a title, an author's name or another keyword.
- When you click on an artefact, you will find a short description on the right side. The main window allows you to scroll the artifact. You can download it on your computer or vizualize it with an app.
- On the bottom right side of the artifact you'll find tags. You can click on one to see other artifacts related to the same tag.
- At the bottom of the page you will find a button "annotate" that will lead you to comment on the artifact in two ways:
select the "Digital Ethnography" set, then, choose whether you want to:
Then, the floor is yours! You can comment on the subject, give your opinion or add a remark. Feel free to write a big commentary or just a few words. You'll find existing annotations under the annotated artifacts.
In case you want to submit a new resource, we will review it and post it during the next few days.
If you want to send us a recommendation, a general opinion or suggestion on the project or if you need to signal us an artifact that needs to be better refferenced or rather removed from here, you can send us an e-mail to email@example.com.
We hope this space can help you navigate a little better in these uncharted territory and help others with what you find out!
the CVA team